Nube iO has implemented an Energy Management System (EMS) for a large residential application. The facility has 586 sub-tenancies, as well as existing Building Management System (BMS) infrastructure. The existing BMS had connection to each electrical meter, however, the system was not able to report on individual consumption or remotely visualise asset information.
Nube iO has used the Edge iO 28 controller, that is able to integrate with and pull data from the existing BMS on site. The controller pulls electrical meter data from the incumbent BMS over modbus, and then pushes this data to the cloud for reporting and bill apportionment for each tenancy.
- Poor utility usage insights: Facility managers required a smart monitoring solution that could apportion billing of electrical consumption due to growing electricity usage each quarter. With almost 600 tenancies, excessive electricity usage meant utility bills were becoming increasingly expensive and were no longer covered under rent specified in the lease.
- Existing locally hosted solution: Moreover, the client’s existing reporting tool was expensive to maintain and hosted locally on unreliable servers. This system was unable to apportion and visually present electrical data. As this is a retrofit project, the client required a solution that could pull data from the existing solution to avoid replacing the entire system
- No remote visualisation: the client required a solution that is accessible remotely from the cloud to support billing procedures
Nube iO engineered a cloud-hosted reporting tool which enabled sub-tenancy utility monitoring and billing. The system generates a monthly report to be exported to a CSV on the individual meter usage and apportioned into total apartment Kwh Electrical usage. The report can be emailed or locally exported. Residents then received a quarterly KWH bill based on their actual consumption. Key benefits of this solution include:
- Remote visualisation of facility electricity usage with live data
- Improved insights into individual electricity usage
- Monthly reports generated displaying historical data
- Customised dashboard with client’s branding and personalised layout
- Peak, Off Peak and Shoulder time period reporting
- Multiple user logins and levels of access
- Reduced costs: By implementing Nube iO’s solution, the client was able to recoup electrical KWH costs and bill each student for the correct electrical usage per apartment
- Improved insights: The client is now able to view their daily electricity consumption remotely from any web-browser using the Nube iO EMS
- Cloud-based solution: The solution is now cloud-based, has maximum system uptime and is cheaper to maintain and edit software